Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 36 As A Vegetarian

Heres to a HUGE SHOUT OUT to Scott Carter for his Asian Inspiration and recipe. Scott, I will be eating variations of this for the rest of my life, thanks!

As Scott suggested, I heated olive oil and added sweet onion to a hot wok, and pressed garlic, then stirred in Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste, ( totally vegetarian ). Then I threw in some cauliflower, broccoli, bamboo shoots, carrots, bell pepper and firm tofu to roll around in the paste. I then added more curry paste and a little sesame oil. After adding crushed red pepper flakes, I did a variation Scott. I added Trader Joe's Thai Red Curry Sauce that has coconut milk, ginger and more red chili & onion. After cooking, I spooned this on top of my short grain brown rice. With a tiny bit of tamari and a class of Pinot, dinner was served.

Next time I will add fresh ginger, mushrooms and coconut milk as Scott suggested. Cheers everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds really good! I've never used olive oil for Thai, but I suppose it's over taken by the Red Curry Paste. Pinot is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete